INTERVIEW with David Kihogo
Current role: Accountant
One word that best describes how you work: Reliable
1. Hi David – Tell me briefly about the most challenging financial project you’ve ever ever worked on.
We have a phrase within the accounts team that goes “nothing’s ever straight forward”. Every day presents a different challenge. Each client has different accounting, reporting and financial requirements, keeping up to date with all of these in itself is challenging but the most challenging financial project and also interesting for me has been entity restructuring..
2. You have been with Clermont for 5yrs 11 months to be precise. What to date has been the highlight of your time with Clermont?
Getting the opportunity to meet and work alongside wonderful colleagues in London, Geneva, BVI and Mauritius. The industry exposure and experience I have have gained working in Clermont.
3. I understand that you work closely with the accounting team in Mauritius as well as with your direct colleagues in the UK. Please tell us more about that.
Although new to the company the Mauritius team have provided valuable support and a lot of times, we must work closely to meet client demands, we maintain a good professional relationship which is key in achieving collective goals. With my colleagues here in the London office, let’s just say they make my work work life enjoyable.
4. The world is your oyster. If you could travel to one place, where would it be and and why?
It would have to be Maui, Hawaii lots of culture to experience, great weather, white sand beaches and baby blue ocean couldn’t ask for anything more!
5. We finish the interview and you step outside the office and find a lottery ticket that ends up winning £10 million. What would you do?
I would give a portion away to family and friends, appoint a good company like Clermont for management and growth of the rest.
Thank you for your contribution!
+41 (0)22 718 7810 | +44 (0)20 8236 1420 | email@example.com | https://clermonttrust.com